Pages

Welcome to My Blog

This is to share my IT experience with friends all around the world.
I have been working in Linux Fedora Systems for more than 8 years. Its fun to share knowledge and learn..
As everyone knows when a problem arises in your systems "googling" is the way that many depend on..

All the posts here are my working experiences during my working life.. So you can count on it..

I have added the references where I got help in solving IT issues


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BIND and Openssl

In installing BIND latest versions which has DNSSEC inbuilt support, Openssl is a pre-requirement. You can disable openssl by using the option --without opessl but it will disable the DNSSEC support of your DNS server.

When I tried to install the latest bind-9.7.3-P3 from the source, in the compilation stage I got the following error;

checking for OpenSSL... configure error "/usr/bin/openssl/include/openssl/opensslv.h" not found


I checked for openssl and found that it is available at /usr/bin. I tried to update/install openssl using 'yum' but failed with following message
Package openssl-1.0.0b-1.fc13.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Later I found 'opensslv.h' is available with openssl development package and I installed it with the command

yum install openssl-devel

It installed the required libraries for bind and I was able to compile and install bind-9.7.3-P3

6 comments:

  1. Thanks ALLWIN.. Your comment motivated me a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chamara. I found your instruction is still relevant for bind-9.9.2.p1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that bind-9.9.2-P1 assume openssl is installed with apt-get and not from the source. Just write --with-openssl=/installation folder if you install openssl form the source and nothing if you don't.
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --with-libtool --with-openssl

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you very much, solve my block issue

    ReplyDelete